Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Encouraging E-mail.

Francis Chan ‘Never Forget Grace’ Sermon:


E-mail from a 65 year old woman after reading Crazy Love:


I’m a 65 year old woman and I have just finished reading Crazy Love. Wow wow wow. I love it, even though it shook me and motivated me all at the same time. It’s easy at my age to fall into what I call “recliner rot”. To me, this means just seeking comfort, not much change, going along to get along, settling, etc. That is my greatest fear. That I will settle for status quo and just get addicted to myself and my family. It’s the lukewarm versus obsessed that you talked about. I want the rest of my life to be about more than pleasuring myself. you spoke about playing it safe. i want to be so in love with jesus that playing it safe is not a consideration when he directs me to go somewhere, do something or to make a change. I see people my age focused on traveling, looking good, having decorated houses and well manicured lawns, etc. not that there are anything wrong with any of these but PLEASE!!!!! I feel like I’m standing on the edge of something ready to step, and I’m not stepping. May I run for Him the race he has set before me until I just drop in my tracks, may I have the boldness, may I do something that takes faith to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment