Wednesday, July 21, 2010

shleeepy and sick.



Ah, being sick in the summer. One of my top least favorite things. I left work today after being there for about 10 minutes because I couldn't help but cry when Kim asked me if I was feeling any better. I'm achey and sore and tired (which is bizarre because all I've done is slept...) and just plain sick of this nasty bug. I have so much I need to do, most of it requiring moving out of my bed...which just isn't an option at the moment. I'm overly stressed, though I'm trying to not be. I need to get my loans in asap so I can move into and attend SAU with no problem in the fall! Of course, considering I'm really on my own with the whole process, I made a mistake with filling out the form for an e-signature so it now has to be sent into Discover, and then mailed back to me within 2-3 weeks. Not excited about that...But I know God has a plan in all of this, and a plan to not harm me but to help me prosper! SO I'll just need to hold on to that promise as tightly as I can. Growing up is terribly scary...

I only have 5 days of work left at Bridge! Well, 4 if I still don't feel good tomorrow. It's crazy that it's almost over, I feel like I started it yesterday! Overall I would say it was a good experience but I'm not exactly sure if I would want to do it again next year, given the chance. Just so I don't forget- I'm going to make a list of pros and cons to highly consider next summer...

CON BRIDGE:
- Waking up at 6am every day. (Definitely takes away from the whole 'I'm on summer vacation feeling')
- Can't miss a day (I did- but it wasn't easy, and isn't looked upon as a great thing to do.)
- Takes up Monday-Thursday until 1:30 pm, Monday afternoons and Tuesday nights.
- Grading papers every night after a long day of work.

PRO BRIDGE:
- An irreplaceable rewarding experience.
- Getting a really good taste of what it's like to be a teacher.
- Working with awesome staff (and an INCREDIBLE boss!)
- Learning much about myself and about how to handle difficult situations elegantly.
- Getting the opportunity to meet the parents of the students (very interesting.)
- Working with kids, most of them annoying...but all of them adorable, I must say.
-Looks awesome on a resume!
- Unique job that most people my age don't get an opportunity for.
- Showed me how passionate I am about caring for and teaching kids! (brings me to tears!)

We will see how next summer goes! I really hope I take what I learned in Bridge and apply it to my everyday life, and future.

On a completely separate note, saw this picture and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment